Monday, April 7, 2008

Going Green...no, not from scurvy

In my ongoing effort to slash costs while still getting
good value for my traveling dollar (that sounds way too
much like politician speak), I decided to pack up my bike
and pedal my way down from Sydney to Melbourne. This would
prove to be a formidable jaunt of roughly 1250 km. After
the fact, I thought that if I was really clever, I would
have created some kind of pseudo-charity or "pedal for the
planet" type benefit, that could have earned me money for
my eco-friendly traveling. But I'm not really clever. As
it was, I think my pasta and coffee costs alone would
probably have bought me enough fuel to drive down. It was
an awesome way to travel though. I saw tons of cool crap
and met some good blokes. Here's some pics.

Contrary to my expectations, it does rain in Oz.

...but it dries out quick.

As you'd expect in the southern hemisphere
the christmas trees grow upside down.


On one side of town they're holding bakesales
for a new linear accelerator...


...and on the other they're selling Emu oil.
What century is this again?

The trip involved a bit of off-roading...


...and some places you really wouldn't want
to blow a tire.


Some edible wildlife.

Thats all for now. More soon.

1 Comments:

At October 14, 2008 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Economic Analyst said...

Great BLOG! Please visit mine below and click some links. THANKS SO MUCH!

The Coming Depression!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home